Blackwater Writing Project

March 13, 2009

Evolution of Gaming Needed

Anyone seen the YouTube sensation Judson Laipply's Evolution of Dance? Well, I think we should work together to describe the Evolution of Gaming. How did we move from active teenagers to inert Facebook spuds?

The only "games" I enjoy these days are the ones I play with my kids (Wii bowling, Rummicube, Blokus) or on my computer because I no longer want to get hot and sweaty in the South Georgia heat with tiny, black gnats flying up my nose and inside my mouth. It's been so long since I've had to use the up-blow (you know, that quick burst of air that shoots from your mouth, bottom lip pushed out over the top lip so that the air hits your nose and eyes) to rid my face of gnats that it is probably ineffective by now.

So how did I get from playing a sport every season as a teenager to wasting away in front of Facebook's Pathwords--hey, can I blame Facebook? Everyone else does. This would be a good week to vent at FB because everyone is mad about the format change. But I digress. How did I evolve from that happy-go-do-everything teen to can't-wait-to-sit-down adult?

(Aside: I'm looking forward to meeting many of you this summer!)

2 Comments:

  • I saw that video some time ago. Incredibly, it has had over 116,011,549 views. That number certainly supports your proposal on the evolution of gaming. It could be quite an advertising ploy.

    By Blogger Unknown, at 1:22 PM  

  • I hadn't see it until just now. Thanks for sharing it. There were a few dances I didn't recognize, but it was awesome.

    Maybe you can do a video for your daily log, the evolution of BWP?

    By Blogger Donna Sewell, at 1:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home