Blackwater Writing Project

September 08, 2008

Mondays and celebrations

Well it was the fifth Monday of the year. I still do not know what to make of the year to date. There is a very demoralized atmosphere, due to the new rincipal and her sidekick. She wants tings her way and it is not what we know works for our group of kids. Inclusive, no small groups, how am I supposed to teach effectively the student who is already on a 7th grade reading level, along with the group that are still below third grade level? I suppose when the year is over, it will be easy to see where things worked, but in the meantime, we are struggling to get in everything that is scheduled and still having time for me. On top of all that, I am preparing to go ahead and go back to school. I AM INSANE! Like all of you did not already know that.

I just learned my son, because of marital issues and hurricanes, which is worst?, is having his orders cancelled and will not be going to Afghanistan for a while. That is a celebration in the making. Who knows where he will go now.

My hubby is still working away, so no celebration there, and although it was his birthday, I am crap at getting cards and another day went by with no card. Oh well, he knows me and knew that would not happen. His mother, however, who lives next door, mails the cards. We get birthday cards, anniversary, easter, halloween, Thanksgiving, and Christmas cards all mailed from the house next door. Her door is closer than the mailbox LOL

I have a great class this year, I do celebrate them. They are ready to learn, and think I am a nut. I am surprised that no parents have come in to see what is happening. I can do without that. We now get observed by 2 or more people at a time, but last week I got watched twice in one day. I did ok, no major issues, and they were impressed with a few things. I just wish they did not have an agenda that was at odds witht he rest of the district. We'll have to put up defenses and group together to oust the unwanted. Its that or begin an uprising.

I am definitely rambling, but there is nothing I want to do except gripe. That is not like me at all.

So what other celebrations are looking on the horizon? Well I know I will not be taking a maternal sabbatical like some. I am not going to have virtual pet to fawn over me, 2 cats and a dog who has developed incontinence is enough of that. I will be seeing Sean off to somewhere next year, can't say yet since I have not been informe. When he knows, we all will. Robert needs to get his license soon, dependent on me to provide lessons, or he will back on the bus next year. That would go over like a ton of bricks falling from the hod. Who knows, just maybe my hubby will find a job closer to home and not have to live somewhere else during the week. Have to admit, we don't fight since he is not here :-)

I am now thinking of all the work yet to do at home. Since it was I who decided to revamp the ELA map to match the GA DOE site I have to redo grammar also, I do not want to use the basal and it no longer matches what I have planned. My agenda tonight is to eat a salad and drink a glass (2 or 3) of wine while deciding on entries for unit 2 grammar. Only 5 more to go. That will be a celratory event. Now watch, we'll get a new series next year and my plan will need to be remade to match what the powers that be decide. More on that as it develops.

1 Comments:

  • Yay, no trip to Afghanistan. That's awesome.

    And as far as the nut thing goes, well, we agree with your students!

    By Blogger Donna Sewell, at 7:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home