Blackwater Writing Project

September 08, 2008

Facebook Frenzy

Okay, it's hard to write tonight. We've been playing on Facebook since we got here. I think most people are still playing on Facebook. Lindsi got a virtual puppy named Snickers, and it keeps barking in Hildegard's. Bad puppy. Rebecca's black lab, which she hadn't fed in a while, was barking earlier. People are staring at us. I can't imagine why.

I find myself unwilling to write, which is very rare for me. I would much rather be watching people figure out Facebook. We have new people on Facebook and in our BWP group on Facebook. Yay! The word is spreading.

Write Night is fun. I miss these people. I have been laughing hysterically. Oh my gosh, too much fun. Oops, at first I typed "tun" instead of "fun." I'm not exactly sure what that means, but it probably involves more laughter. This group thrives on laughter.

The music seems very thirties; I should be swing dancing with a partner, except of course that I don't know how to swing dance. Um, that could be a problem. My legs keep dancing a bit, which makes the computer tremble. At least my words are dancing if my body isn't. Speaking of computers, I have a new laptop. Yay, Donna's laptop. I feel all connected and up to date.

Okay, here's a quote for the night: "the evil that men do." Yep, I refuse to provide context for that quotation, but I had to record it so that I wouldn't forget it. I have to find some way to use that in a piece of writing.

Clearly, it's random night. That's okay. I like randomness, jumping sporadically from one thought to another.

Wes showed up for a few minutes to take pictures. I'll use them for the Write Night announcements on Facebook, and perhaps we'll write an article about Write Night for the next newsletter, complete with pictures. It can help explain Write Night for people who don't really know what it's about. I wonder where Vicki is. She almost never misses Write Night. In fact, she showed up two weeks ago for Write Night by herself. I'll have to check with her tomorrow.

The newsletter is going great, thanks to Diana and all the people who write for it. Okay, Shane is going to write an article about Rebecca, part of our continuing trend to feature leaders in the newsletter. Amy is writing a piece about the death throes of handwritten letters, I think. I'm not sure what else will be in there, except for another book review, courtesy of one of the 2008 Fellows. We'll have a piece about recruiting since we'll be hitting that heavy soon.

Hmm, what now. I just cannot get serious about writing tonight, so I guess I'll call it quits, check the blog for other posts, and check in on Facebook.

3 Comments:

  • We all need the laughter this provides. Without it, we are too susceptible to "the evil that men do"

    By Blogger Diana Chartier, at 7:40 PM  

  • Can I just say that the people who don't come to Write Night don't know what they are missing. I honestly think that this is probably one of the best ones we have had. I miss you guys way too much!

    By Blogger eromler, at 7:44 PM  

  • Sounds like I missed as exciting time. I do miss you all, but driving to Valdosta last night just wasn't possible. I have too, too many excuses but none worth talking about. It sounds as if everyone had a great (FUN) time last night. I'll try to make it to the next write night.

    By Blogger Cheryl, at 2:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home