Blackwater Writing Project

July 01, 2008

Pet Peeves

Ok, just what I've been wanting to talk about. I've decided that for ease sake I'll just make a list. And God knows it's a long one too.

1. Traffic-light gazers - It's green! For God's sake, what are you waiting for? A personal invitation to go? It ain't gonna get any greener!
2. Sunday drivers - Just because you think the countryside's beautiful and don't want to go home to your wife doesn't mean I don't. Move it or lose it! Honk! Honk!
3. Lane Lollies - Look, I understand that it's a pain in the back-side to have to get over every time you have to pass someone, but the sign clearly states "Slow traffic keep right." That doesn't mean drive with your right hand.
4. Cell phone Talkers - Just what exactly do you have to talk about while driving that's so important!? It's not like you can't just wait until you get home and then call.
5. Lookie-Loos - Yes, there is an accident, or yes, there is construction. But do you really have to stop to watch it? Ooh, there's somebody's head on the ground? Ooh! Where do you go with that? Why is it so important to grab that image?
6. Train-track stops - You do realize you do more damage to your car by basically stopping before going over the tracks right? Or do you like the motion in the ocean?
7. No Blinkies - Why do you think I'm a mind-reader? I don't know where you're going unless you tell me! I mean, did you just not know you were turning until you got to the turn?
8. Late-Blinkies - Thank you for telling me you were turning by hitting your blinker when you were already in the turning lane. I honestly couldn't tell you were going to turn!
9. Forgot-Blinkies - You've used your blinker and changed lanes. Why is your blinker still going? Did you forget about it? Can you not hear the "click, click" as it keeps blinking? Or are you just warning us in advance of your next turn - 20 miles early?
10. Seatbelt Warnings - That beep as I begin to drive away. I don't need you to tell me my seatbelt is not buckled, I think I can figure that out for myself - you know, since I can feel there's no belt constricting across my abdomen.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home