Blackwater Writing Project

July 19, 2007

Hot Hot Hot

I just remembered that we are an hour behind GA so I wanted to log on before time to close down for Big Brother. Jerome, JC, and I are in Arkansas for our week vacation.

Yes it is unbearably hot.
I decided that I wanted to go to Office Depot today because they had a sale on crayons and pencil cases. I am pregnant so I really don't want to be out in the heat for longer than I have to. Well, Office Depot ran out of pencil cases so Mom suggests that we go to Target to see what they have on sale. I really am not feeling going to another place because it's hot. (At least there are no alligators growling at me.) We go to Target and shop around. I am so happy that there isn't much of a selection because by this time, I am tired of walking. Even though it has been nice and cool in each store that we have stopped in. As we exit Target my loving husband thinks aloud as if we had been talking about this all day.

"Ok, off to Dillard's. I want to see if I can find some jeans."

I guess you can probably guess how long my face looked at that moment. It was even worse because we were with my mom I couldn't fuss. I was trying to be a good girl. Any other time I would have fussed and whined until I got my way and we didn't have to make the unplanned trip.
Thankfully Dillard's was very cool, almost too cold and he didn't find anything that fit. (smile)
I know, that is very mean of me, but I was irritable by then.

2 Comments:

  • Hi SOnya, maybe we will meet next time. Your post was too funny. A pregnant lady deserves a chance to rant and rave and get her own way. Just claim you didn't know what you were doing. :-)

    By Blogger Diana Chartier, at 9:10 PM  

  • Sonya,
    Wes is such a fan that I had to go to Mediacom for a digital video recorder so that he can tape Big Brother After Dark.

    I can just imagine your reaction to the decision to visit Dillard's. Not everyone at Write Night could get online, so I read your post aloud that night. We giggled when we got to the mean part about his not finding any jeans. Poor Jerome.

    By Blogger Donna Sewell, at 12:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home