Blackwater Writing Project

June 21, 2007

Lists

I have a list of names. People I like, people I don’t, and the ones that Sasha Reed should meet one day. Most of the time, I keep these lists in my head, not trusting them to paper. Another reason is that the list is sometimes very amorphous, tending to change with time, experience, or forgiveness. The real challenge is taking the right tack with each line, giving it thought and effort to see if they are properly catalogued in my brain. I am big on forgive and forget, but the forget is hard to come by. I know it is a two-pronged attack on the unconscious, but somehow the second element is the toughest. The like part can change abruptly, as a person shows over time who they really are. As my buddy Myah Angelou says, “If someone wishes to show you who they really are….let them.” She is really the bomb. The don’t like list can change as well, and that goes hand-in-hand with the forgiveness part. There are things I can let go, and some things that will not be cut loose until my dying breath. One day. Maybe.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home