Blackwater Writing Project

June 20, 2007

The Cautious Stripper

Hmm, I sit at a big table downstairs, typing with one hand because the other holds a doughnut. I have my priorities straight. I’m not dropping this doughnut to type. Glaze threatens to roll down my finger, forcing me to lick the finger. I don't want to do so, of course, but I see no other options.

Typing with one hand changes the keyboard dramatically. I’m exploring a new world, stepping cautiously (oops, I typed “stripping cautiously,” which I am most certainly not doing outside of Einstein’s Bagels—although I like the idea of a cautious stripper, perhaps the star of a whole series of short stories).

Kat’s Blessing just arrived, and now he’s gone.

4 Comments:

  • He had to bring me my notebook and sandwich. Those are not listed in order of importance.

    What would a cautious stripper's name be?

    Strangers with Candy?

    Polite Delight?

    Slow you down Sally?

    By Blogger Kat, at 9:03 AM  

  • How about "Wary Cherry?"

    By Blogger Andrea, at 9:15 AM  

  • Let's put that as a writing topic!
    Cautious Stripper--a person who takes her clothes off slowly while she keeps a careful watch on her audience?

    Or a pole dancer with insurance?

    Interesting posibilities

    By Blogger kade, at 9:17 AM  

  • Now you know how I feel... Not about being a cautious stripper, but about typing one handed. It's harder than it looks.

    By Blogger Amy, at 9:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home