Blackwater Writing Project

June 21, 2007

Guilt

I don't even know what 'on the list' means, so I'm going to write about the debacle that was my morning. I can't believe I was almost late on the morning I had to bring breakfast; I woke up at 6:44 because I crashed at 10:30 last night. I felt very leisurely and ahead of time. I lounged around, read a bit more of Practicing Poetry--just generally enjoying myself. As the time to leave grew nearer, I called Robby and asked him to run by Publix and pick up some donuts for breakfast. He acquiesed, and I put on my makeup in perfect calm. Before he even reached my apartment, I was outdoors waiting for him. I hopped into his car and went through the goodies. He'd bought two boxes of 15 donuts. MINI donuts. "This isn't enough," I said incredulously, "why didn't you get another box?" "You said 30 was fine." "Yes, for REGULAR sized donuts it's fine, you buffoon!" After a heated debate (read: yelling match), we were off to Publix, where I bought another box and cursed the time, bringing them for a crowd of people who have barely touched them.

YOU PEOPLE. YOU ARE THE SOURCE OF MY ANGER. YOU EAT THOSE DAMN DONUTS OR IT WILL GO BADLY FOR YOU.

Okay, now I feel better. You can't feel guilty forever. But I do wish you'd eat the damn donuts.

7 Comments:

  • I'll eat the donuts. I just needed to get away and do some writing first. (Plus, I'm scared if I don't eat the donuts, you'll be in touch with Sasha, and I can't afford that right now.)

    By Blogger Donna Sewell, at 9:05 AM  

  • Okay - I see you have my favorite kind over there. I just have gum in my mouth and it has killed my tastebuds with its minty zing. But the donuts are calling....

    By Blogger Sheri, at 9:14 AM  

  • OK, are we sure you are not another Sasha? What is your real name? Please spare to pregnant women.

    By Blogger agaither, at 9:15 AM  

  • For the record, I have already eaten two! I just thought you should know before the rampage starts!

    By Blogger Donna, at 9:15 AM  

  • I am going to eat a powdered one. I haven't had my coffee yet!

    By Blogger Andrea, at 9:20 AM  

  • I have also eaten 2! And more than likely I'll end up eating 2 more because I can't do anything but stare at their sweet round forms!

    By Blogger Amy, at 9:21 AM  

  • Since everyone else has eatten a doughnut and I am one of the few people in the world who don't like doughnuts, I will risk my life and leave the doughnuts for the prenant woman. But, I want you to know, they look great and we really appreciate all the effort you went to. Remember that when you are sitting next to me during reading group.

    By Blogger kade, at 9:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home