Blackwater Writing Project

June 19, 2007

Blessings & Curses

Blessings I have many,
Curses a few.
I think I'm pretty typical,
At least, from my point of view.

My family is most precious,
and my salvation is, too.
I want us all to go to heaven,
and ALL includes you.

Blessings I cannot count,
for there really are so many.
I don't understand those people,
Who don't seem to have any.

I'm often very critical,
and get myself in trouble.
I wish I had nicer thoughts.
Oh, to be Barney Rubble....

Another area that needs some work-
A table full of food.
Don't take somethin' off my plate,
I will be very rude!

I really should try to do better,
And maybe go on a diet,
But if the choice is water or Sprite,
I'm gonna choose the Spri-et.

2 Comments:

  • I love the last line. :-)

    P.S. You don't need to diet!

    By Blogger Andrea, at 9:20 AM  

  • Now I have this image of you hunkered over your plate, your fork held like a weapon, as you growl at people who get too close. It clashes with my main image of you.

    By Blogger Donna Sewell, at 10:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home