Blackwater Writing Project

April 08, 2007

Peter cotton tale

I hope everyone has a great Easter. My son got "real" chicken eggs from one of his great aunts. He explained to me that we couldn't color them because they were all ready brown. It's really cold in Fitzgerald this morning. I think Santa brought the Easter Baskets! I'm not complaining though. My wife and son picked out Easter outfits for the family (a practice that I have never understood) and it looks like we're all wearing purple or pink. woohoo. Thank God I only have a purple and pink tie. I have a bad feeling there are a lot of pictures in the near future. At any rate, enjoy the day!

HATCH

1 Comments:

  • Yep, Easter's one of my favorite holidays. It prompts the biggest family get-together we have; not just Grandmother's kids and grandkids assemble, but my great-grandparents' kids, grandkids, great-grandkids, and great-great-grandkids gather for food and fun. I only see some of those folks at Easter.

    Wes couldn't attend the gathering this year. We moved it to Saturday for all the folks who travel, so between engagement sessions, bridal sessions, and the concert at Wild Adventures, his day overflowed already.

    My fourteen-year-old niece drove for a bit on the way to the Easter gathering. That was scary. I opted to follow with Mom in my car; we laughed and laughed, watching her navigate the road.

    Oh well, see some of you tomorrow night for Write Night--either in person or on the blog.

    By Blogger Donna Sewell, at 2:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home