Blackwater Writing Project

July 01, 2009

Purple Heart Ceremony to Honor Lone Male Survivor

Wow! I cannot believe that I survived! Being the only male in a group of 20 women in a small room on the back side of the College of Educations where no one would ever witness foul play does warrant a need for celebration! This has been one of the greatest experiences in my life. I am looking forward to implementing the strategies that I have learned through BWP within my classroom. I look forward to working closely with my fellow BWP colleagues to provide professional development opportunities within our region to assist teachers with teaching literacy. Looking ahead, I am glad that I participated in BWP. I have grown professionally since the first day of class. I am extremely proud of the progress I have made and I am honored to have had the opportunity to work with such great people as the 2009 BWP fellows. It is not everyday that you meet and work with the quality of educators like the ones in BWP 2009. Looking ahead, I am excited about the endless opportunities that await me and the impact I can have on the lives of my students because of BWP.

5 Comments:

  • It was really great being in a class with you. I'm happy I got to make so many new friends--I'm always happy to have other people's brains to pick about teaching. Monica, Carrie Beth, and Nikki--I'm talking about you! I'm excited to see how the actual practice of these will work in the classroom. Luckily for me I won't be in a class all day with students. I don't know how you do it but mad props, Man, mad props.

    By Blogger Darcy, at 9:02 AM  

  • My husband used to love to go to lunch with me and my friends from work (all female). He still does, but doesn't have as much time to do so. He used to joke about eating lunch with his harem. Any time a group of women are going somewhere and he's asked to join them, he's in the car before they finish asking (grin).

    I'm glad you survived.

    By Blogger Donna Sewell, at 9:03 AM  

  • We are glad you are here and that we have a male perspective. Maybe because of your connections, you can make a powerful difference in your community.

    By Blogger Mary Poppins, at 9:04 AM  

  • I've enjoyed getting to know you and work with you. I look forward to working with you in the future!

    By Blogger Mrs. Dyess, at 9:10 AM  

  • Why is this sad????? I feel like today's topic should have been "Everybody get on the blog and say why you like each other and then say goodbye!!!!!!!! haha

    By Blogger Jennifer Swain, at 9:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home