Blackwater Writing Project

March 18, 2008

Spring break

It doesn't seem so long ago that we had our mini winter break. Most of the kids came back out of sorts, rules must have changed, but no one let me know beforehand., and they have turned from children just out of third grade into 5th grade monster wannabes. * more days of school and we will get a break of a whole week, Wonders, can we take out the weekend and make it the Beatle's song, and have one week of eight days??? Of course we will be testing the miiddle to end of the week next week, and that will help a bit, just because we will require silence for validation HAHA.

My break will be bittersweet. Of course, my hubby is still going to be away. Although I hope I can go to visit for at least a couple of days. My middle son, Sean, is growing up and will be going to Washington for a week. He gets to learn more about governmnet and even get to meet some of the dignitaries in that locale. But it seems wrong to be thinking that he will be old enough for that kind of trip, It seems as if he was just a baby and so dependent on me that it was scary. Now he is self sufficient in many ways and planning his future which will begin in just another short year. I can't help but wonder what the next few years will bring him. I hope all his ideals and dreams stay sharp.

I will barely have time to reflect on his leaving and becoming his own person answerable to none but himself, when Robert will be gone also. WOW! Two kids gone in two years. Will that be when I truly get a break? I have an idea that it will be just another beginning. So for this year at least, I will take time and enjoy the few days I have with whatever family is with me and rest up in preparation to prepare for the dreaded CRCT.

As for now, this is my break tonight. All too soon, I will be home and doing more work for school. And I thought I would get a break and have a relaxing time once I was done with classes....

1 Comments:

  • Wow, CRCT time, huh? That cannot be fun.

    I'm glad I got to see you during your break.

    By Blogger Donna Sewell, at 9:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home