Blackwater Writing Project

February 15, 2008

Poetry for the Masses

I would have to say reading the poems posted before mine certainly inspired my effort. I hope everyone enjoys this short piece. It's about all I have time for these days. Heather has been gone since tuesday, and I have been mr. mom. Makes me appreciate her even more. Hope everyone is doing great. I am hoping to be finished with my Spec. by the end of the semester, but it's going to take more work then I think I am capable of! All prayers will gladly be appreciated.

“Ode to an American Coffee Mug”

Holding my coffee, my cream, my sugar
Like a caring mother holds her child.
Caressing its creamy bitter sweet goodness like a lover.
Keeping hot, the liquid soul that makes you worthy of invention
Oh coffee mug, wake me with your caffeine kisses
And warm my body with your burning love
Scorch my tongue and make me say “DAMN”
As I come back for more.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home