Blackwater Writing Project

March 18, 2008

Spring Fling

I know I proposed the topic, but I don't have any great insight on it. I just came back from Spring Break, which I spent in Panama City with family. Wes and I drove to PC Sunday morning, and he stayed until Tuesday morning. Then, Wednesday morning, my mom and two of my aunts came down, one of whom owned the condo. I'm not sure I mentioned this before, but she's my favorite aunt.

The sun sears through the glass door, causing my eyes to squint, particularly when someone opens it. I'm sure I have the Dent snarl on. My brother-in-law came up with that term for the "what the hell do you want?" face that he says my sister and all the women in our family wear. I don't think so. (But then again I've seen pictures of me that do seem to indicate a snarl.)

Okay, I took a break to help Sonya get on the blog--it never worked, so she posted through my connection. I played with Jonathan, what a cutie. And of course, JC helped me play with Jonathan. JC has an incredibly expressive face. It just glows with happiness. It takes him a little while to warm up to me--I'm guessing Sonya told him about Amy and me taking her to Grand Bay for the writing marathon last summer, so he always views me with a bit of suspicion (grin).

Jonathan's pudge is adorable. I wish my pudge were adorable instead of just fat. Sonya, you need to post a picture of Jonathan. For this 2007 Fellows, I find myself thinking, "I played with Jonathan, and you didn't . . . Na na na na na na." Yes, I just reverted back to three-year-old behavior. Oh well.

I missed you all tonight. I hope you are well and that I hear from you on the blog.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home