Blackwater Writing Project

May 11, 2007

Do-over

Hi and good morning!

Late night....lots to do this late in the school year.

All right. Do over. One of those things you think about when something is going wrong (breaking) or the game isn't going your way (losing) or you shouldn't have eaten that (sick).
My most memorable do-over was on a motorcycle. You know, when you know better, but did it anyway? I had taken a jump in a testosterone driven moment, and had as a result taken it far too fast. As I left the ground, my mind darted ahead to my landing spot. In the crowd of spectators, most likely on this poor lady in a blue and pink sweatshirt. I remember the immediate regret, milliseconds after leaving the jump. I thought DO OVER!!!!!! but the time had passed. As a result, I landed wrong, hurting myself physically and emotionally.
The thing about do-overs is that usually life doesn't come with a rewind button. Sometimes I believe it does, however, come with a fast forward and an erase. I have tried to use that one on this particular time in my life, but to no avail.
Great to be bloggin' with you guys, and I am looking forward to the SI.

Joel

1 Comments:

  • Just curious . . . what happened to the lady in the blue and pink sweatshirt? Did you wipe her out?

    Wes and I were sharing motorcycle stories with a friend who has a motorcyle. The friend talked about his first day with his motorcycle. He laid it down four times. When we left, I told Wes that I was nervous again about the bike. He said, "Donna, that guy can't drive. Apparently, he bought the bike too soon." Wes reminded me that he'd never laid down his Harley, though he had wrecked plenty of times on his dirt bike as a kid. You don't get many do-overs with motorcycles. Thank goodness you survived that one.

    By Blogger Donna Sewell, at 8:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home