Blackwater Writing Project

May 10, 2007

Career Renovation

I'm sitting here reading patiently--okay, actually, I'm watching videos of SNL celebrity jeopardy online--and thinking about renovation.

Unfortunately, all I can think about is Tobey Maguire as Keanu Reeves and Will Ferell as Alex Trebec:
"I know Kung-Fu."
"For the last time--no, you don't!"

Unfortunately, Tobey Maguire has become as much of a joke as Keanu Reeves was at that time, and we all know that Keanu Reeves can't even act like himself. I wonder if these celebrities would like a chance to 'do over' their careers. I speak specifically of people such as Ben Affleck, Britney Spears, or Jake Gyllenhall. (Jake, you were so promising back in your Donnie Darko days!) Of course, even at the very beginning, I had a hunch that someday Britney's flip-flop and chiuaua sporting upbringing would come back to haunt her. Then again, if a tree falls in the forest and no one's around, does anybody care?

3 Comments:

  • No one cares unless it's a celebrity tree. Then it doesn't have to be seen or heard because someone will fabricate the event and the tree will read about it in the tabloids the next morning!

    I'm glad you logged on to write!

    By Blogger blindsi, at 7:17 PM  

  • Good to hear from you, Kat. I noticed that you had joined the blog. Yay!

    I wonder if celebrities know when they've become the punchline of nearly every joke.

    I love SNL's celebrity Jeopardy spoofs, particularly any with Norm McDonald playing Burt Reynolds, someone who managed to get a few do-overs in his career. I thought he was gone; then he came back in _Boogie Nights_. Norm McDonald played Burt Reynold's son recently in an episode of _My Name is Earl_. It was kind of fun to see him revisit that character.

    By Blogger Donna Sewell, at 7:19 PM  

  • I saw a really, really bad TV movie the other night with Keanu Reeves in it. I stayed up until 4 AM watching it. It was that bad.

    By Blogger Andrea, at 12:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home