Blackwater Writing Project

August 31, 2006

Write Night

Hey guys! I miss all of you!!! Our first Write Night is going to be at Hildegard's downtown on September 13. We'll meet from 6:30-8:00. They have wireless access, and the topic will be posted to the blog, so if you aren't able to be there in form you can still be there is spirit. I know we're all busy with school and classes, but don't forget how much we enjoyed writing and sharing this summer! This is a chance to escape reality for a bit! I'll be sending reminders before each Write Night, but in case you want to plan ahead, the tentative dates for fall semester are: Sept. 13, Oct. 9, Nov. 8, and Dec. 11. See you there!

1 Comments:

  • Great! I'm looking forward to getting together again. I adapted "Actively Adding Adjectives" and used it in my ESL writing class. If you all remember, my students are hoping to enter VSU. I was so happy to see their faces light up after I gave them the instructions (I'll go into the details write night if anyone wants). It took a routine (boring) textbook assignment into something engaging and informative. We're journaling everyday (with excellent response) and portfolio grading to take the pressure off. Friday (15 Sept) I'll be facilitating a staff development on journal writing.

    Vicki

    By Blogger Buttercup, at 9:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home