Blackwater Writing Project

July 30, 2006

Robert's Funeral

I just wanted to let you all know that I was able to go to Robert's funeral on our collective behalf. He would have been amused, I think, to see all the folks in his family sitting on the one side of the funeral home and all of the rest of us from different points of the compass sitting on the other. Lots of flowers, babies, memories, singing, laughing and crying. And his body in the center of it all with a very nice, grey three-button suit on.

He lived a very diverse life--if one that was much too short fo those of us left behind to mourn his death. His family requests that any donations that you would like to make in his honor should be given to the DeKalb County Hospice (AL).

He was a great man. We are blessed to have known him.

2 Comments:

  • I just wanted to thank David for attending Robert's funeral and representing Blackwater Writing Project. I keep remembering Robert's smile, hearing his chuckle, appreciating his smirky and self-deprecating humor. I miss him--as we all do, I'm sure.

    By Blogger Donna Sewell, at 1:17 PM  

  • I wanted to thank David for representing his old South Georgia pals at Robert's funeral as well. I was lucky enough to get to know Robert during a year long Gifted certification class this past school year. We miss him at CHS.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home