Blackwater Writing Project

July 10, 2006

OOPS!

I am thinking of Wednesday right now. It will be a hectic day but that s a good thing. It will stop me from thinking too much about any cleaning I did not get done.

I don't think I am a neat freak, have had people call me that. But I do like to know my house is clean before people visit. My sister is due to visit Wednesday. After we are done with class, I get to run home and leave for the airport. My one hope is that there are no opps at either of the stages in Michelle's travel.

Sean and Robert are so excited. For three weeks they will have family about. It will be unusual. My parents have visited before, but they rarely get to see cousins. Now there will be three of them to play with.

My mind is everywhere but on writing right now. I keep thinking of things I need to do at home. In reality I know that I have done everything. I am such a perfectionist at times. Maybe this is why I get things done ahead of time and then others say I am an overachiever. Hmmm! Thoughts to think about.

There are no connected pieces to this, just randomness scattered throughout what would be a page in a book. I wonder if the electrical pulses in my head are as random?

There is a lot of chatter today, class must be almost over. All of a sudden talk came up about age. I am dreading next year. My husband will be 50, what changes will he go through that I am not expecting? We all know women change and get grumpy, but not much is said about men. On top of that, his job will end and he has to search for a new one. At least, for a change, I will have a job with a steady check. Plus my job is one that will be transferable, albeit I might have to take another test.

What are the last two demos about? Those have been great to see and participate in. This whole summer institute has been a great experience. I will miss the group and sharing. Please find a way to have us meet up, Donna. Without the support of our fellows it will be rather lonely.

I just heard meatloaf. Is that food or singer? Again random thoughts.

My oldest nephew who will be visiting is Jake. He is 12, and has never been on a plane. He has a movie image of being able to walk around with all this space. He is full of questions too. Yesterday he wanted to know if he will have the mask that falls down when there is a problem, and can he play with it? What a trip that will be. Then the 2 year old, Amber, keeps asking if she is going on holiday yet, and when can she go on the heliplane. Charlie is 6 and much more serious. He asks about how things work, and worries about taking magazines on the plane for something to do. It will be good to finally get to know them better.

I think I am going to stop writing now. I need to look at some writing and edit. I wrote the draft of the demos and Donna has it to look at, but I need to look at it again and start on refining.

1 Comments:

  • Yep, today is totally random to me too. My minds skips in one direction but gets distracted by all the unfinished tasks. Grrr. I hope you have a great visit with family.

    By Blogger Donna Sewell, at 9:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home