Blackwater Writing Project

July 11, 2006

Topic is strange today

I look around to see what objects are available for use in this entry. Tables, not too large or high, don't see much danger there. Crayons, glue, scissors, typical arts and crafts stuff found in any classroom.

Hmm, glue. Game called Twister. Never having played the real game I have a rudimentary idea of what occurs. I can imagine that when a person is on a color and another person lands there they must glue that body part. I don't think I can write this type of thing. This is why my teachers always said I could not write. I have no imagination. I think maybe I do it is just deeply hidden and inaccessible to me for now. My confidence as a writer needs to improve a lot more before I am willing to investigate the deeper recesses of my mind and discover the creatures lurking there.

I suppose Sean could make a game with razors. I remembered, last night, an oops I should have put down. Now I can think of a couple.

[Phillip -- shampoo bottle and lip]
[Sean -- razor and ears]
[Robert -- acorn and nose]

We don't need to create a dangerous game, kids find the danger willingly and frequently.

Hard to believe tomorrow is the last day. I am making a promise to myself to continue writing most days. Especially since my kids and nephews will have to write, it will be an incentive to us to begin the day on a reflective note, allow us to wake up fully before racing for the door and whatever else the day holds in store.

My portfolio is about done, just have one more page to slide in. Tonight, after I finish tutoring I need to go to the store for a couple things, mop is one, and then home to relax in a tub. Boil myself in bubbles and read for an hour or more with a cold glass of wine. About 10pm I will call Michelle. That is when she will be waking up to get ready for the airport. She is so nervous. I will worry about her till she stands in front of me. Maybe I should ask if she wants us to hold up a placard like visiting VIPs. The boys could make it tomorrow, what a great souvenier [sp] for the boys to take home, they can keep it with the journals they will be doing while here. I get to break that news to them. Michelle decided I am the teacher and will tell them in a way to make it fun. Have to see what Thursday morning brings. The journals are small, but I have more if needed. Think we will make a scrap book too, keep things like hotel brochures, or any other bits that grab the kids attention. Of course, the kids have to have one each for when they get older.

I am worried about the ladies I have been tutoring. Of the three, only one is really ready for the Praxis test this Saturday. Maybe they'll surprise me and theirself. Its been great working with them. They have a laugh but are serious about learning the skills for math. I think their reading and writing should carry them through, but the math trips a lot of us because we forget all the formulas and steps to complete a problem. Best of luck to them. They had better email me to le me know how it went.

Time to get more coffee and get ready for the sharing and daily log. It will be interesting to see what others came up with from the writing prompt.

Say cheese and smile..

1 Comments:

  • Let me know how class goes this summer with your international students. I struggled with the game idea too, but I really enjoyed that games people developed.

    By Blogger Donna Sewell, at 4:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home