Blackwater Writing Project

June 27, 2006

S'mores Brownies

Hi Folks,
I wanted to show my "sweet" side today so I baked some s'mores brownies and shared with the class. I discovered the recipe on the the side panel of a box of Duncan Hines brownie mix.
Ingredients:
Brownie mix
2 c mini marshamallows
1 c regular or semi-sweet chocolate chips
5 graham crackers separated into quarters

Step one make the brownies. The box calls for a 13x9 pan but I use a slightly smaller one for thicker brownies.
As soon as you take them out of the oven, sprinkle 2 cups of mini marshmallows and 1 cup of regular or semi-sweet chocolate chips. Return the pan to the warm oven for about 2 minutes to melt the marshmallows and chips. Gently place the graham crackers on top. (I melted the last of my chocolate chips and drizzled it on the top, as if it wasn't sweet enough.)

Cool completely.

2 Comments:

  • They were delicious. Thanks. I desperately needed a pick-me up at the end of the day. Your brownies and David's willingness to wash dishes--a perfect ending!

    By Blogger Donna Sewell, at 8:03 PM  

  • Thanks for the afternoon treat. I enjoyed the brownies.

    By Blogger Diana Chartier, at 9:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home