Blackwater Writing Project

June 15, 2006

Ran out of time

Fellow Writers....

I ran out of time before I could entice you with one last bit of technology to go along with the blog focus. I wanted to show you a feature of hyper space that I think is kind of cool, but one that requires your discretion and review before using. Youtube is a "database" of clips from the tele, such as in the form of shows or commercials or film, or can be clips of things you film personally, which is where the discretion comes in to play. For the most part, it is genuine. But, as with anything on the web, there are always questionable acts. Here are two clips I wanted to share, to give you ideas and such.

This first clip is a French student (not mine) who had to make a commercial for his French class:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UHllXxCPdE8

The second is of a student (Biology) discussing/illustrating photosynthesis:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UMgD83_SkxE

There is a way to embed the youtube player into your post, but it isn't working for me. I just posted the link for you to click. There are tons of other clips. Currently, youtube is free to use. The way I would use this in a blog setting or class is, for French, through listening comprehension tasks and culture. There are French commercials, some in horrible, nasty tatse; others, though, in jest and goodwill. You be the judge. I thought youtube was worth you knowing, if not professionally, certainly personally. There are clips from those tele shows of the 80's we miss. Have a great weekend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home