Blackwater Writing Project

December 08, 2008

What me, stress?

Success after 21 frustrating minutes trying to get into blogger!

Passwords are frustrating little buggers. What is meant to try protect you ultimately stresses you out. I have so many passwords it's not even funny. There is my password to login to the network at school, then my school e-mail account, the AR password, my website login, my VSU e-mail account, my two yahoo accounts . . . then there's the the Bank of America pin, my online id, my Chase and American Express account passwords. Then most importantly, my iTunes password. I have finally come to the epiphany that I need to streamline my accounts as much as possible, so now I am trying to make all of my school accounts the same and all of my outside school accounts the same. But then you get the stupid ones that require you to have at least one number, and it must be at least one digit. GRRRRRRR!!!!

I used to smoke to alleviate stress, but I gave that up about thirteen years ago. Now my drug of choice is coffee. I am also an advocate of retail therapy. When I am stressed, I find that there is very little that can't be solved with a coffee from Starbucks and a little retail therapy. For example, yesterday, despite the fact that I have a research paper AND a final exam on Thursday, I desperately needed a venti Peppermint Mocha Twist and a trip to Books-a-Million, Old Navy, and Walgreens. Four boxes of Tazo tea, one collection of all six Harry Potter books (for a student at my school that the teachers are buying Christmas for), four pairs of pajama bottoms, one hoodie, and one tank top later, and I had the energy to finish reading O'Hare for my research paper. Plus that venti Peppermint Mocha Twist is a (RED) product, which results in a 5 cent donation to Africa.

Another way that I alleviate stress that costs absolutely no money is to spend time with my absolutely fantabulous golden retriever Lorelai. She is very good at keeping it "real" and keeps me laughing. (Ask Donna and Wes.) If I were a better mother, I would take her on more walks and runs. Typically, I take her only out when I am REALLY stressed. (Don't feel too sorry for her; she has a Nana that walks her every day except Sunday.)

I wish that there was a way to keep myself from getting stressed. I am a terrible procrastinator. I have always been this way, and I have never been able to just do my work in advance. I truly believe that there must be something in my brain that causes me to wait until the last minute. I thrive on the pressure. But, I often wonder why? Why do I cause myself to almost have nervous breakdowns? Why do I wait until the last minute to the point that I have to staay up all night? I love sleep. Why would I want to deprive myself of it? Maybe I need to go to a therapist to work out my time management issues. But then again, if I went, then they might figure out what a freak I really am and want to keep me for observation.

2 Comments:

  • Ooh, I had a peppermint mocha twist the other day. Yumm. Here's a quote from the night, "Ya never know when we're going down."

    Anyway, I never envisioned you as a procrastinator. Never. And I still can't, no matter what you say.

    By Blogger Donna Sewell, at 7:40 PM  

  • Email me the quotes. Need 'em for the next newsletter. Procrastinate away. Only 8.5 days till school is out (perhaps 9) your kids will never know, and we'll never tell LOL

    By Blogger Diana Chartier, at 8:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home