Blackwater Writing Project

December 11, 2006

How screwed up can you make a holiday?

Holidays, busy days, kids, in-laws, visiting, strange people, fights. So far this year has been a typical holiday. Thanksgiving saw fights and making up. My parents visited, experiencing their first thanksgiving. My son came home with his wife, more fighting. It was so nice when they left. Young may be sweet, but it isn't all its cracked up to be. I don't miss it. My mum and heaved a HUGE sigh of relief when it was back to "normal." Now I get to plan for Christmas. The tree is up. Pressies are yet to be bought, about one third complete. Son and wife will be back, bottle of wine in the fridge ready. Mother-in-law is visiting, she willbe moving here in January. Sister-in-law will visit, she sleeps on the sofa when not in bed. Another bottle of wine at the ready. Wonder how cooking sherry goes with ham LOL maybe a bottle of that just in case. Who cares about chaos when you can't think.

Some may eat, looks across table, but I like to think I am preserving myself. Drink is just an agent that aids in pickling, preservation of the tastiest kind.

I shall use the next few days wisely. So many tests. I hate that we have to stress kids with a test that counts as such a major grade. Wonder how my kids will manage with EOCT'S? So much information is pumped in, in such a short time. It's a wonder wed any of us manage to comprehend any of it. Even I struggle to remember what was taught, let alone learned.

I need to catch up on grading when I get home. The big tests this week will take all weekend to grade. I am looking forward to next week. A short week, jujst have to write very short lesson plans, hard when we are not really teaching. Guess I throw in review.

Think I will go and get coffee. Maybe my writing will be helped. I think I used it all up in class earlier.

1 Comments:

  • Wine, wine, wine. I guess that's better than whine, whine, whine.

    As Lindsi (Linda) heads for the chocolate cake, I laugh and realize how much fun I've had writing with you, Lindsi, and Vicki this semester.

    By Blogger Donna Sewell, at 7:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home